zest4life Health & Wellbeing Programme
Winter 2017 - 8 weeks from 1 February - £205
How many people do you know who have managed to get past 60 without a diagnosis of some kind of chronic condition that requires drug treatment, most likely until the end of their days. In fact, for many such treatment starts even sooner, when they are only in their 40s or 50s. It doesn't have to be this way! Never underestimate the power of nutrition, there is so much you can do to prevent chronic illness or to even improve the management of an already diagnosed condition such as high cholesterol, high blood pressure, diabetes, or dementia and Alzheimer's. In either a small group over 6 weeks participants will learn about healthy eating and how to achieve the best health improvements, energy and weight loss, step by step. The programme consists of part nutrition education, part motivational coaching designed to help participants implement changes. No food group is excluded, and there are no meal replacements involved - just real food. You will get:
- Weekly meetings with a fun and inspiring group
- Step by step guidance on the low GL way of eating including meal plans and recipes
- Health and nutrition topics to empower and inspire you
- Course material
- Weekly monitoring of body composition fat mass / muscle mass
- Food diary review and personalised dietary recommendations
- Motivational group coaching
- Motivational emails
- Continued support and guidance from a qualified Nutritional Therapist
Where and when?
zest4life Programmes in Leigh-on-Sea are held at space282, a stylish and modern new venue on Leigh Road, easy to reach by car and public transport, with parking nearby. We are starting on Wednesday, 1 February 2017 at 7:30 pm. Topics this term include:
- How to improve your digestive health
- How to improve your intelligence and memory
- How to break free from cravings
- Love your heart!
- Bored vs reward: How to overcome boredom eating
Groups are small to ensure time for individual attention. With a deposit of just £20 you can secure your place now.
What previous participants said about the Programme:
"After the first week which as with all new things was a bit tricky trying to make sure I was doing it right. I have felt really good. My energy levels have increased along with my concentration. I don’t feel so bloated, I feel fuller for longer and now don’t want to eat a quick sugary fix in between meals. It has totally changed the way I look at what I am eating." Mrs AJ, Leigh-on-Sea
"I have enjoyed being on the programme and have the suggested food/menu plans that we have followed. It has opened my eyes to a new way of eating." Mr SF, Westcliff-on-Sea
"Very good course, very informative, good nutritional advice and good tips and advice. Lost weight, gave up sugar, no cravings, only occasionally." Mrs RH, Leigh-on-Sea